Extension+ Refurbishment

Dublin City Centre

Originally built in 1909 as a Carnegie Library, this project incorporates the two adjoining Georgian buildings to provide for Dublin Public Library and Archive Dublin City Council Headquarters,  Branch Library, exhibition and conference room at Pearse Street. The Reading room at first floor houses the important Gilbert Collection. The new Archive building to the rear in finished with a curved metal roof structure and cladding mirroring the curved roofs of the Railway Station nearby.

Winner Irish Timber Council Award 2003; 

Winner NDA Excellence Through Accessibility Award 2010)

(Director O Keeffe Architects in association with Dublin City Council)